DialPlus is a San Diego, California based company setting out to change the definition of a phone call by automatically showing visual information from the web for a phone number before, during and after the call. DialPlus will become the de facto standard for translating a phone number in to visual information, enabling any type of device that can make a phone call, has a display and has internet connectivity.
DialPlus creates a better web experience by deconstructing and re-assembling just the right information, right when you want it. DialPlus solves the constrained browsing and content discovery issues of the mobile phone by breaking down the silos of the mobile ecosystem. For every phone number, DialPlus presents just the right information, mobile applications, web services and mobile search in a clean and intuitive interface to enhance the call.
A multitude of experiences can be created using the DialPlus platform. An enterprise or mobile CRM solution can be enabled by simply plugging that information in to the DialPlus platform. An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system can become visual for callers using DialPlus.
DialPlus is a powerful advertising platform. DialPlus can target ads based on a users demographics (age, sex, location) as well as psychographics. Targeting ads based on call intent and calling history further empowers an advertiser to reach a user when they are most engaged with their phone.
Our philosophy is simple: allow people to use the phone the way they always have — making and receiving calls, and let DialPlus provide endless possibilities to easily and intuitively access useful information, services and applications based on your calls.
Lisa LeVasseur – CEO & Co-Founder
• Lisa LeVasseur’s 20-year career in the cellular industry has included roles in software development and management, architecture, product management, telecommunications standards strategy and corporate technology strategy. Lisa’s deep history in the cellular industry spans the manufacturing world as well as carrier experience, and includes tenure at very large organizations (over 100,000 employees) to her most recent startup.
• In January of 2007, Lisa co-founded Quantum Mobility Solutions, Inc., a user interface design and technology strategy consulting services organization, recognizing the impending industry focus on branded, improved, mobile device user interfaces. In the first 11 months of business, QMS has secured multiple contracts with Mobile Carriers, Tier 1 OEMs, and Software Development companies, including repeat customers.
• Prior to QMS, Lisa was instrumental to the launch of Amp’d Mobile, responsible for the successful launch of the first four handsets, including several industry technology firsts, such as the first commercial feature phone with Windows Media DRM 10, and the award-winning Amp’d Live UI BREW application. During her tenure at Amp’d, Lisa managed a team of 37 software engineers and device product managers. She also went on to create and define the Product Management organization, implementing product planning processes and procedures, and creating device and services roadmaps.
• With her ground-up experience in software development operations and product management experience, Lisa has a unique ability to translate vision to technology realization and vice-versa. Lisa has repeatedly aligned business strategy with technology strategy at both Kyocera and Motorola. While at Kyocera, Lisa defined and built a Software Product Management organization, responsible for software planning for the entire Kyocera handset portfolio. At Motorola, Lisa created and executed strategies for integrating Motorola IP into standards such as 3GPP, 3GPP2 and W3C, as well as aligning product plans with standards.
• Lisa is a graduate of the Arizona State High Technology MBA program, and holds B. S. degrees in Computer Science and Philosophy from the University of Michigan.
Scé Pike – President, Co-Founder
• Scé has been defining user experience strategies for Fortune 500 companies for 12 years. Because of her background working in the user experience field she has the ability to identify the unmet needs of consumers and businesses alike. Scé is adept at looking at current mobile and web technologies and upcoming technologies to identify product solutions and develop business models to support those solutions. Scé plans to drive the vision of the company through strategic product development.
• Scé started her career defining the launch strategy of Hewlett Packard and General Motors first enterprise and ecommerce websites during the mid-1990s corporate push to establish online storefronts. Scé's involvement in the strategic development of General Motors' BuyPower program in 1997 has revolutionized how an industry conducts its business. GM decided to mount an aggressive campaign to rebuild its West Coast market share after losing customers in the 1980s and early 1990s to foreign imports. Scé was one of a six member team involved in the strategic development and launch to the west coast of www.gmbuypower.com. This website paved the way for the auto industry to enter into the web world. She has also been instrumental in the web strategies of companies such as Blue Cross, Exponent Failure Analysis, ADP, and VeriSign.
• Since then, Scé has transitioned to create revolutionary mobile solutions for companies such as Palm, Kyocera Wireless, and Amp'd Mobile. She has had an active role in managing software product requirements and negotiating with US and International Tier 1 Mobile Carriers to define their user experience roadmap.
• Most recently Scé co-founded Quantum Mobility Solutions, Inc., a user interface design and technology strategy consulting services organization, recognizing the impending industry focus on branded, improved, mobile device user interfaces. In the short time from its start QMS has been very successful at securing contracts with Mobile Carriers, OEMs, and Mobile Software Development companies.
• Scé studied Electronic Arts and Physical Anthropology at University of California Santa Barbara.
Hutch Morton – VP Sales & Marketing
• As Head of Sales and Marketing of Dial Plus, Hutch Morton is responsible for building relationships with a wide range of business partners, including carriers, OEMs, brands, content providers, distribution channels, and advertising agencies. Hutch is also responsible for guiding the brand vision and marketing execution of the company. He brings over 10 years of sales, marketing and business development experience in internet, mobile and entertainment companies to Dial Plus, which he joined in March 2008.
• Previously, Hutch spent 6 years at JAMDAT Mobile and was part of the original team to lead the company to a highly successful IPO in September 2004, and $680 million acquisition by Electronic Arts in February 2006. Hutch managed and led a team responsible for carrier and OEM relationships as well as marketing functions for the company. Working directly with licensors, Hutch brought entertainment brands, interactive gaming brands, and major sports leagues to the wireless games industry and helped pioneer cross-platform advertising.
• Prior to Dial Plus, Hutch ran a successful mobile strategy consulting business for entertainment companies analyzing and entering the mobile industry. Providing services from P&L analysis, advertising strategies and product development, Hutch worked across business groups to bring high-impact products and campaigns to market.
• Prior to JAMDAT Mobile, Hutch was a Product Manager at the pioneering web company eToys.com. Hutch worked on web design and promotion as well as backend technologies that powered the merchandising and fulfillment functions.
• Hutch holds a BA from Brown University in International Commerce and Russian Studies.
Long term, DialPlus will be an ad-subsidized product and free to end users. Every call to or by a DialPlus user can deliver at least one high value, targeted ad impression, so the revenue ramps quickly in to a big business. DialPlus will also generate revenue through affiliate click-thru to applications and content linked off of our Smart Result(TM) pages.
In the short term, DialPlus will be sold as a 1-time purchase and subscription product direct to consumer and through direct carrier distribution deals.