Your friends decorating the wedding's getaway car in the rain.
Your grandmother dancing with your younger brother.
Leaving the church with all your friends and family cheering.
At life changing ceremonies and parties, you can't have enough images to capture the drama and a single photographer can't be everywhere. Canditto makes sure all your friends' and families' greatest photos are saved forever by collecting them onsite before the night ends.
With an existing (provisional) patent on file with the USPTO and proprietary software that makes sure only the right photos are saved, Canditto is the premier tool for capturing every angle of your wedding or special event.
Rush Hambleton - Founder
Bluewater Logistics - (Founder)
4GreenTires.org - (Founder)
- Founded, ran and sold industry first yacht systems data vault firm
- Directed all forecasting, budgeting and financing.
- Managed all software development, QA, and roll out.
- Developed and executed marketing plan including three professional trade show exhibits along eastern seaboard
- Founded non-profit organization that improves vehicle efficiency.
- Won runner up in national contest sponsored by Keen Footwear (prize $5,000).
Laura Carraway - Marketing
RBS Greenwich Captial - (Operations Analyst)
asset-backed securities and collateralized mortgage obligation desks.
Primary responsibilities included: trade execution, trade confirmation,
and customer communication.
Off Campus Enterprise - (General Sales Manager)
- Managed a team of fifteen market representatives selling print advertising to local vendors in college markets
- Supervised graphic production of college guidebooks
Jeff Takle - Finance / Business Development
Gerson Lehrman Group Councils - (Consultant)Cyber Applications Group - (Owner)
Rush and Laura are MBA Candidates at Babson College - Franklin W. Olin Graduate School of Business. Jeff graduated from the same institution in 2008.
- Developed, marketed and launched www.RentingYourHome.com, an online property
management system to help landlords attract and screen tenants, collect
rents online, and manage maintenance
Canditto's core business is renting its proprietary devices direct to party hosts.
Financial model (attached) considers the following structures:
- Adoption rate will be similar to the "photobooth" by the end of its fourth year.
- Due to shipping times, each unit can be rented no more than twice a month.
- Due to peak wedding months (June and July), maximizing profits requires forfeiting a certain number of weddings each year.
- Marketing costs are based on actual customer acquisition costs during test period of prototype unit.
Additional revenue opportunities and a successful exit may be realized through partnerships with photo hosting sites, photo album creators and other third parties. Though we recognize the opportunities of such offers, they are not calculated here.
Please see the attached spreadsheet for additional details.
Canditto Compared to Major Competitors:
As an ancillary event photography service, Canditto competes with three kinds of other secondary providers. Each are listed below followed by the ways Canditto outperforms them.
- Better quality pictures (Digital cameras typically have superior lenses, flash, etc.)
- More pictures (Guests are more likely to take photos with their own camera because it is familiar and they get to keep the photos they take.)
- Photos available to bride instantly (Disposable cameras must be processed offsite, frequently printed, at additional cost.)
- All digital (Digital is the preferred storage method for archival photos. Most disposable cameras still use film which must be developed and scanned to disk.)
Online photo sharing sites/email/etc
- Easier and quicker to use (As a purpose built device, Canditto makes duplication possible without pressing a single button or entering a single command. No training necessary. Most users need less than 30 seconds to use it.)
- Near Guaranteed use (Onsite device and reminders produce 85% participation rate, much higher than the proportion of people who will go home share online.)
- High resolution images (Canditto provides all photographs in high resolution compared to most sharing sites' practice of sharing only low resolution images.)
- Consolidated Album (Canditto offers all the collected photos in a single volume. Guests' photos would otherwise be shared on a multiple, siloed online album sites.)
- Pictures capture the event (Canditto collects photos of the event and all the related indoor and outdoor activities. Photobooths photos all look the same.)
- Does not distract from the party (Each user needs only 30 seconds, usually at the end of the event instead of sitting inside a closed booth during the middle of the reception.)
- 1/5 of the cost (More affordable for the host.)